Obtaining a visa to travel to Tibet can be a unique process, especially if you are entering from Nepal. In this blog post, we will explore the Tibet Group Visa and the Chinese Visa from Nepal, which are the two main types of visas required for traveling to Tibet from Nepal.
Tibet Group Visa
When traveling to Tibet from Nepal, you will need to obtain a Tibet Group Visa instead of a regular Chinese visa. Here are some key points to know about the Tibet Group Visa:
- Application Process: The Tibet Group Visa can only be obtained through a registered travel agency in Tibet or Nepal. You will need to provide your passport, a completed visa application form, and other necessary documents as required by the travel agency.
- Group Requirement: The Tibet Group Visa is issued for a minimum of two travelers. You must enter and exit Tibet together as a group. Solo travelers can join a group organized by a travel agency to obtain the Tibet Group Visa.
- Duration and Validity: The Tibet Group Visa is usually valid for the duration of your trip to Tibet. It is typically issued for 15 to 30 days, depending on your travel itinerary. The visa cannot be extended within Tibet.
- Restrictions: The Tibet Group Visa only allows you to travel within the Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR). If you plan to visit other parts of China, you will need to apply for a separate Chinese visa.
- Entry and Exit Points: The Tibet Group Visa is valid for entry and exits through specific border points between Nepal and Tibet, such as the Zhangmu/Kodari border or the Rasuwagadhi border. Make sure to plan your travel accordingly.
TIBET GROUP VISA FEE 2023
|NATIONALITY||TIBET VISA FEE (PER PERSON)|
|NEPALI||USD 110 PER PERSON|
|OTHER COUNTRIES||USD 120 PER PERSON|
|USA||USD 185 PER PERSON|
|CANADA||USD 185 PER PERSON|
|ISRAEL||USD 115 PER PERSON|
|ROMANIA||USD 145 PER PERSON|
|ALBANIA/ MICRONESIA & BIH||USD 95 PER PERSON|
|SERBIA||USD 100 PER PERSON|
|BRAZIL||USD 180 PER PERSON|
|ARGENTINA||USD 120 PER PERSON|
|PANAMA||USD 135 PER PERSON|
|URUGUAY||USD 125 PER PERSON|
|CHILE||USD 95 PER PERSON|
Chinese Visa from Nepal
If you plan to travel beyond Tibet and explore other parts of China after visiting Tibet, you will need to obtain a Chinese visa in addition to the Tibet Group Visa. Here are some important details about the Chinese Visa from Nepal:
- Application Process: The Chinese Visa application process can be done at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in Kathmandu, Nepal. You will need to submit your passport, a completed visa application form, a recent passport-sized photograph, and other supporting documents as required.
- Visa Types: Depending on your travel plans, you can apply for various types of Chinese visas, such as tourist visas, business visas, or student visas. Make sure to select the appropriate visa type based on your purpose of travel.
- Duration and Validity: The duration and validity of the Chinese visa vary depending on the type of visa you apply for. Tourist visas are typically issued for 30 to 90 days, allowing for single or multiple entries.
- Application Timing: It is advisable to apply for a Chinese visa well in advance of your planned travel dates. The processing time can vary, so it’s best to check with the Chinese Embassy or Consulate for the most up-to-date information.
- Entry and Exit Points: The Chinese visa allows you to enter and exit China through various border points, including airports, land crossings, and seaports. Ensure that you plan your travel accordingly and enter China within the visa’s validity period.
2023 China Visa Fee from Kathmandu, Nepal
|Nationality||Destination||Entry||Normal (USD) 5 days||Urgent (USD) 3days||Express (USD) 2days|
|Other Countries||Mainland China||single||75||111||136|
|Albania/ Micronesia &BIH||Mainland China||Single/Double||45||81||105|
|Pakistan & Maldives||Mainland China||Single||45||60||75|
It’s important to note that visa regulations and requirements can change, so it’s always recommended to check with the relevant authorities or consult a travel agency for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the Tibet Group Visa and the Chinese Visa from Nepal.
Traveling to Tibet from Nepal offers a unique opportunity to explore the majestic landscapes and immerse yourself in the rich cultural heritage of the region. By understanding the visa requirements and planning your journey accordingly, you can embark on a memorable adventure to the Roof of the World.